What is a Dysfunctional Family?
Dysfunctional families are everywhere. My take on it is that about 97 percent of our families were dysfunctional in some ways and the other 3 percent are in recovery. In other words we all came from families that were dysfunctional in some ways. The trick is to know what was dysfunctional and what was not. If you are like most people, you may have a vague idea and can remember some weird things happening in your family while you were growing up. There is an old saying that “you can’t fix something unless you know how it is broken.”
This holds true with whatever dysfunctions you took with you from your family of origin that can come back to haunt you in you adult relationships. What you don’t know can bite you in the butt and cause major problems in your adult relationships. If you are interested in finding out what hidden dysfunctions might be hiding in your family closet, then you need to order our Free Report entitled, How Dysfunctional Was Your Family?
Additional Resources for Dysfunctional Families
In addition you might want to take a look at the two books on Breaking Family Patterns that contain ways of identifying and changing any dysfunctional family patterns you brought forward from your childhood into your adult relationships.
You might also check out our other books: Breaking Free of The Codependency Trap, The Flight From Intimacy and Breaking Free Of Victim Consciousness and The Drama Triangle. All these books offer hope of full recovery no matter how dysfunctional your family of origin was.