The evaluation process for KASSI we have created allows a school to perform a pre-post evaluation of the KASSI Project in their school using specific, measurable outcome criteria. The KASSI staff analyzes the data and write a detailed Evaluation Report.
The evaluation process for KASSI we have created allows a school to perform a pre-post evaluation of the KASSI Project in their school using specific, measurable outcome criteria.
The Evaluation Process consists of the following parts:
- An Evaluation Plan with specific measurable outcome criteria is part of The Program Guide For Implementation of the Kind and Safe Schools Initiative, Volume I: Implementing the Kind and Safe Schools Initiative. It contains instructions on how to prepare the Evaluation Plan and all the evaluation instruments needed to carry it out are contained in this Manual.
- The school must create the Evaluation Plan that specifies that outcome criteria they are planning to use and submit it to the KASSI Office for review prior to doing the initial pre-testing.
- The KASSI Office will send back its approval of the Evaluation Plan with any recommended changes in the Plan, if necessary.
- The school will then conduct a pre-post administration of the evaluation instruments and score these instruments following the instructions given in Volume I of the Program Guide.
- The school will collect the other pre and post school data from school records in order to measure the effectiveness of specific outcome criteria. (For example, they will find in their records the number of discipline referrals to the office before the program began and then after it was established.)
After all the post-testing has been completed, please send the data you have collected and scored to the KASSI office at:
P.O. Box 2668
Asheville, NC 28802.
The KASSI staff will then analyze the data and write a detailed Evaluation Report. This report will show the effectiveness of each of the outcome criteria specified in the Evaluation Plan that was created by the school. This written report will also list recommendations based on the results on how the school can improve the program for next year. The Report will be completed and returned to the school within 60 days of receipt of the pre-post evaluation data.