DESCRIPTION: This writers workshop will help participate join the revolution happening in the self-publishing industry. It has never been easier and more profitable to be a self-published author! This writers workshop will help you learn how to self-publish your creative works and bypass expensive and complicated traditional publishing processes. Self-publishing can make you up to 88% more income from your book than you would earn by going with a traditional publisher: ownership of the copyright, no long delays in publishing, no printing costs, no inventory to store in your garage and no postal delivery costs.
We show you how easy it is to self-publish both e-Books and Print On Demand books. Since 2010, e-Books have outsold print books and royalties are up to 70% of the retail price. All participants receive a Writer’s Manual containing all of the material discussed in the workshop and much more, and it is included in the price of the workshop.
AUDIENCE: This writer’s workshop is for anyone who would like to earn extra income as a writer or who just want to share their ideas with others. This includes new writers; published authors; or people with ideas they would like to publish. These can be writers of fiction, science fiction, non-fiction, textbooks, memoirs, auto-biographies, poetry, screenplays, children’s book, cookbooks, travelogues, and “how to” books.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: Participants will learn:
- How to connect with your inner writer and creative muse?
- How to overcome any writer’s blocks?
- What personal qualities will help you become a successful writer?
- What are the latest trends in the book publishing industry?
- How to start your career as a writer?
- How to define your target audience that are going to purchase your writing products?
- How to live and write books that are on the leading edge of your chosen topics?
- How to discover what are the most unique and interesting aspects of your writing products?
- What are the some of the best publishing platforms that you can use to publish what you write?
- What are some of the suggested mechanics of writing books that you need to know?
- How to get your writing published and people purchase your products?
TIME: Friday 7-9 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
DATE: February 20 – 21, 2015.
LOCATION: Unity of the Rockies, 1945 Mesa Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80904
REGISTRATION: Call (719) 471-4556 for more information.