Janae does individual counseling sessions via the telephone or Skype, and 2 – 5-day personal counseling retreats. Both are designed to help you transform both your personal and professional relationships. She uses her developmental approach to help you identify where your are stuck because of trauma, and then heal it so that you can move forward.
Janae’s non-diseasing developmental approach avoids diagnostic labeling, and uses hopeful, empowering tools to help you grow and transform. Janae looks at “what is right” about what is going on with you so that you can reframe your “problems” as “new opportunities.” All problems are viewed as “solutions trying to happen.” This removes any guilt or shame about issues that you might be struggling with. This aspect of your work with her is critical for real transformation.
Janae helps her clients understand that there is a developmental source at the core of their issues. She emphasizes that people are not stupid or crazy–just TRAUMATIZED! Janae has witnessed her approach change the lives of her clients in ways that are profound. Be sure to read the testimonials below from some of her clients.
Personal Counseling Retreats
Personal Counseling Retreats with Janae take place at CICRCL’s office in Colorado Springs, CO. If you are an out of town client, Janae will send you information about hotel accommodations near the Institute’s office.
Colorado Springs is in the midst of some of the most beautiful natural scenery in the world. Thus the climate and environment provide a supportive setting for this deeply transformative experience.
Prior to Your Personal Counseling Retreat:
Janae will send you a packet of forms and self-inventories to complete and return prior to arriving for your retreat.
She use the information from these forms to create a plan of action for your counseling sessions.
- A “Personal Information Form” that provides a fairly extensive medical and psychological history.
- Several self-inventories that allow you to assess your current level of physical/emotional well being.
Personal Counseling Retreat Structure
Janae begins by helping you identify any hidden and unhealed Developmental Traumas that might be limiting you ability to be intimate in your close relationships. These traumas may also interfere with your professional relationships. At a Personal Counseling Retreat you will learn where this Developmental Trauma is anchored in your past relationships. Then you will learn why it is causing you problems in present time. Finally, you will learn how to heal it.
Typical Personal Counseling Retreat Activities:
- Review your written intake forms containing extensive family-of-origin history to help you pinpoint core issues to work on at the Retreat.
- Review of your self-awareness inventories to help build a work plan for the Retreat.
- Utilize various experiential methods to help you identify and change any past traumas that are causing intractable present-time conflicts in your relationships.
- Help you identify and change any dysfunctional patterns in your current relationships.
- Discuss with you your personal style of conflict resolution and suggest ways you can improve your skills.
- Direct experiential processes designed to achieve “completion with each parent” necessary to break free of twisted beliefs and old family relationship patterns.
- Create a Follow-up Plan that describes your goals and activities for integrating your Retreat experiences into your close relationships and your workplace.
A Typical Daily Personal Counseling Retreat Schedule involves 6 to 8 hours of one-on-one contact:
- Morning session: 3-4 hours
- Lunch break 2 hours
- Afternoon session: 3-4 hours
At the beginning of each Personal Counseling Retreat, Janae discusses the schedule and cooperatively plans both the activities and the meeting times to meet your specific needs. You will be in charge of how the retreat is scheduled and the pace of the activities. Also, she does not schedule other professional activities during her retreats so that she can give her complete attention to meeting your needs.
Janae charges $1,000 per day for a Personal Counseling Retreat. A $500 online booking fee reserves your intensive date on their calendar.
The balance of your fee is due at the end of your intensive period.
Janae provides one hour of free phone or Skype follow-up for each day of your intensive. For example, a three-day retreat includes three hours of follow-up support Client(s) pay only the phone charges for these sessions.
Individual Counseling Sessions with Janae are one hour long. Before booking a session, please read their books.
The cost of a one-hour Counseling Session with Janae is $100 USD per hour. Here’s the link to schedule a session with Janae.