Colorado Springs is in the midst of some of the most beautiful natural scenery in the world. The climate and environment support the uplifting experiences of CICRCL’s Personal Therapy Retreats.
In addition, we offer Personal Counseling Sessions via telephone from your location of use Skype if you have it. You contract with either or both of us for a specific number of hour-long sessions and pay for them through the PayPal button lower on the page.
Personal Therapy Retreats
We arrange our Retreats around your individual needs that typically include the following activities:
- Customized program for individuals that address that person’s specific issues and objectives
- Completing self-inventories designed to help focus our work
- Improving your ability to create trusting relationships.
- Developing effective communication skills
- Identifying strategies for bringing balance to your life priorities
- Identifying and changing any self-defeating behaviors that limit your success
- Identifying and removing any blocks to you success
- Learning how to manage stress in your life
- Scheduling follow-up sessions to help implement your long-range goals
Prior to the Personal Therapy Retreat:
We send you a packet of forms and self-inventories to complete and return prior to arriving for your retreat. We use these to create a plan of action for your coaching sessions. They include:
- A “Personal Information Form” that provides a fairly extensive medical and psychological history.
- Several self-inventories that allow you to assess your current level of physical/emotional well being.
We also ask you to read Barry’s two Breaking Family Patterns books, How to Identify Your Family Patterns and How To Change Your Family Patterns.
A Personal Therapy Contract that:
- Sets goals for your work at the retreat.
- Sets the terms of the time and cost of the retreat, and the structure for our follow-up sessions.
- Affirms the confidentiality of your personal coaching session
- Describes outcomes of your personal coaching sessions or retreat
A “Disclosure Statement” that:
- Provides you with information on the coach’s training and credentials.
- Describes your rights as a personal coaching client.
- Reminds you of the confidentiality of the sessions, except in the special cases indicated in the “Coaching Contract.”
- Once the signed contract has been returned along with a 50% deposit you are signed up.
A Typical Personal Therapy Retreat Is For Three-Days
We keep your daily schedule flexible and tailor it to meet your personal needs, particularly if you are switching time zones. Our retreat days are 6-8 hours long with a lunch break and morning and afternoon breaks. We use a variety of experiential and skill training techniques to help you accomplish your personal goals. Sometimes we also give you activities to work on in the evenings for the next training day.
Day One. We begin by creating a schedule of activities and reviewing the information on the forms and self-inventories that you filled out prior to your visit. We also review and refine the goals you set prior to your arrival. During the first afternoon, we use a variety of tools move you towards your retreat goals. You are always in charge of determining the pace of the coach sessions. We also help you identify your personal style of conflict resolution and its limitations. Depending on your history and goals, we might also use some of the following:
- Role-playing techniques to help you practice conflict resolution skills or other relationship skills
- Use inventories to identify patterns of ineffective communication that might be interfering with satisfaction in your relationships or on your job.
- Identify the sources of your intractable conflicts and use experiential activities to help you resolve them.
- Identify symptoms of post-traumatic stress that might be replaying in your life.
At the end of the first day, we will review our progress in moving towards your goals and then determine where to begin the second day.
Day Two: This is typically when we work most intensively on your goals, using trauma elimination techniques, role-playing exercises and in-depth training in communication and conflict resolution. We structure activities to help you identify and remove any self-defeating behaviors that might be limiting your success. You will likely feel tired but lighter at the end of this day. We may ask you to complete some activities in the evening to help clear any remaining issues on the third day.
Day Three: Here we work to complete remaining work on your retreat goals and to internalize what you’ve learned during your first two retreat days. We devote the morning to summarizing and integrating the insights from your retreat experience. In the afternoon we create a written follow-up action plan to take home with you, including a structured plan for balancing your persona and professional priorities. We will also set new short- and long-term goals that extend the work we’ve done during your coaching retreat.
The Follow-up Telephone Sessions:
This is often the most important part of your personal therapy retreat. It can be challenging to implement your retreat goals into your work and home environments. You can use the daily pressures that you temporarily left behind during your retreat as opportunities for change.
The weekly telephone or Skype follow-up sessions will provide you with important coaching support to help continue transforming your work and home environments. We will continue to review your goals weekly with you and offer suggestions for turning challenges into change opportunities as you implement your personal action plan. Should you need it, you can also reach us by phone Skype or email at times other than those that are scheduled.
Additional Counseling Sessions:
The option of doing more retreat, telephone or Skype counseling is always available. You may find it helpful to return periodically for tune-ups if you encounter new challenges that require additional tools and support.
Arranging Programs & Services
The Personal Therapy Retreats are held at CICRCL’s office in Colorado Springs, CO. We personally provide all services for Personal Counseling Sessions and Therapy Retreats. Our program includes a private 1 – 3 day retreat and a series of follow-up phone calls. The program is adapted to fit the needs of each person. Travel and lodging are not included in the program fees.
Individual Therapy Retreat Fees
1 day $1000
2 days $2000
1/2 of balance two weeks prior to retreat date
Remainder of balance at the end of the retreat.
Online booking deposit: $500